Advertising with CMS
- Contacting CMS
Our email advertising service offers an engaging and cost-effective opportunity to advertise job vacancies, services, training courses, conferences and publications to a targeted sector-specific audience. We have been providing a trusted service to clients and practitioners for over twenty-five years.
Adverts are circulated to our 7,600+ contacts from across the coastal, marine and water sectors. Our subscribers range from new graduates to experienced experts, who have a strong interest and experience in environmental, social and industry issues. From June 2022 to May 2023, we circulated 357 adverts and we consistently receive very positive feedback from our clients – read our testimonials here.
- Advertising Job Vacancies, Events, Publicity & other activities/reports
How your advert is promoted: there are three primary elements to our service:
- The main service is provided by direct mailing your advert to our contacts who have signed up to receive targeted emails.
- Your advert is uploaded to the CMS website.
- The details are promoted again in the weekly CMS Newsletters which are emailed to subscribers every Tuesday and Thursday. Your advert remains in the Newsletters until the application period closes.
- These mailings reach 7,600+ sector-relevant contacts direct to their inbox.
We also push your advert through our social media channels using our house-style images.
After the closing date we provide feedback on the click and open rates for both the directmailing and the weekly publicity in the CMS Newsletters.
How to place an advert:
Email the following to email@example.com
- Advert text in word format (include web-links to the relevant information on your website)
- Logos/images in gif or jpeg
- Order form
- Circulation Lists:
Below are the circulation lists with the number of recipients. Advertisements will be circulated to the relevant list(s). Vacancies will be circulated to the Job Vacancy list immediately and also included in the CMS Weekly Newsletters (7600+ recipients) which provides 2 x weekly exposure for the duration of the vacancy.
Events, News, tenders, reports, consultations and other advertisements will also be included in the CMS Weekly Newsletters.
Circulation Lists Recipients
All Lists 7600+
Job Vacancies 3900+
- Additional Information:
- Discounts: We offer 10% discount for 3+ and 20% discount for 10+ adverts. We will raise an invoice for the multiple adverts, which will be payable under the usual terms & conditions; these mailings can be circulated to suit your marketing requirements, there isn’t any deadline. Please contact Jayne to discuss.
- Multiple vacancies: You can include more than one post in the one advert, we often find that adverts with multiple vacancies attract higher click & open rates.
- Feedback/Statistical Reporting: After the closing date we will provide feedback on the click and open rates for both the direct mailing and the weekly publicity in the CMS Newsletters.
- Real time testing and feedback: Try it and see; you might want to see this advertising as a trial and we’d be happy to engage with you on this and provide feedback as necessary. You might want to consider a programme of adverts for the event. We find that what you promote varies from the beginning to the days leading up to the event.
- We can provide free advice on promoting your event: On wording, approaches and timing of advertising since we have been working on this for over 200+ events that have used emailing approaches for over 25 years.
- VAT: Will be charged at the standard rate. Charities do not qualify for VAT relief; this is because our direct email service is sent to selected individuals, not the general public. Please see the relevant reference in the Charity Advertising VAT notice 701/58, January 2019.