Online Training Open | Fundraising for Conservation Projects
Do you have a conservation project idea you’d love to see happen?
Imagine how it would feel to get your idea off the ground, and implemented to help wildlife or habitats.
Now you can turn your ideas into reality with the help of our latest Conservation Careers training, Fundraising for Conservation Projects.
Why is fundraising important in your career?
88% … of conservationists rely on fundraising
$5 Billion … Biggest ever donation to conservation
>$91 Billion … Secured each year globally
In a sector dominated by charities, the majority of conservation projects are funded by donors. These can include large grants secured from governments and foundations to smaller donations via public campaigns, appeals, events and membership drives.
The more skilled you are as a fundraiser, the more money you’ll secure, and the more conservation you’ll get done. But few professional and aspiring conservationists have any formal training in fundraising.
In short, if you want to succeed as a professional conservationist, you need fundraising skills.
Introducing Fundraising for Conservation Projects
Fundraising for Conservation Projects is an online training programme brought to you by the team at Conservation Careers and taught by multi-award-winning conservationist, and CEO of Elephants for Africa, Dr Kate Evans (more on Kate here).
During the training you’ll learn, how to:
- Match your project to the right funder.
- Write a funding application for a medium-sized conservation grant.
- Use Logical Frameworks in grant writing.
- Budget and report on finances secured.
- Diversify your income streams.
- Build and maintain good donor relationships.
- Develop a fundraising strategy.
After completing this training you’ll understand how to search for, apply for and secure more funding for your conservation projects. Making you more employable and impactful as an aspiring or professional conservationist.
You also get access to:
- Support from the experts: You’ll have support from us via email, Zoom, and in our private CC Pro Community. We’ll be with you every step of the way.
- Six Step-by-Step Modules to attack at your own pace: You’ll learn how to secure funding for conservation projects, as part of your duties as a wildlife professional.
- CC Pro community: You’ll be welcomed into our new private online community for course participants for a full year. Get answers to burning questions, enjoy regular live events, participate in growth challenges, share your coursework, celebrate your successes and more.
- Go at your own pace: With our self-paced flexibility, you’ll have access to the course for a full year. You can work entirely at your own pace and around your busy life and work commitments. You don’t need to stick to a schedule.
- Certificate: Everyone who completes the course receives a certificate to demonstrate your fundraising skills to employers.
- Rock-solid guarantee: Try it for 14 days. Not happy for whatever reason? We will refund 100% of your money.
- Group package options are available: Just email us to ask for details at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Nick Askew – Director