Project Managers and Environment Managers
Imagine a future where you work on cutting-edge environmental and licensing matters, helping to deliver high-quality wind farm projects and the UK ambition of Net Zero by 2050
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team of environment and consenting experts, working on the largest portfolio of offshore wind farm projects in the world. This will provide a unique opportunity to develop your career. You’ll be continually striving to ensure we lead the industry from the front while nurturing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Welcome to Environment & Consents
You’ll be part of a team working in one of our various project phases, ranging from early market development through to operations and decommissioning. Together with your colleagues, you’ll work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop, construct, and maintain UK offshore wind farms in accordance with relevant environmental and planning legislation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being part of a consents team – project managers will lead a team of environment managers who in turn will lead on specific topic areas encountered across multiple phases
- developing and implementing consenting strategies
- defining and coordinating the delivery of documentation and applications, for example to secure a consent award or marine licence
- being innovative and forward thinking – the rapidly growing industry requires us to grow and adapt with it
- representing the Environment & Consents department and our company with key stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- ideally have a degree in ecology, environmental science, or planning, though this is not essential – please note that we welcome applicants whose background may be more focused on project management and leadership
- ideally have experience in the offshore wind sector, though relevant experience from other large infrastructure projects is welcome
- can demonstrate an understanding of the UK terrestrial and/or marine planning systems
- preferably have a demonstrable specialism in project management or a particular environmental or planning field, with a clear understanding of how to apply your knowledge in the planning processes
- can effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders, explain complex issues, and actively solve problems
- can deliver on time and to budget while managing competing demands in respect of project priorities and stakeholder advice.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that we’re recruiting for permanent positions.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to visit internal and external stakeholders based in various locations within the UK and Ireland.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.