Online Course | Communications for Conservation Projects
Within conservation there is a growing realisation that we need to do much more to share our messages and encourage more support and action. As a result, conservation employers are rapidly looking for people with communications skills.
They want staff who can plan communications activities, write effectively, get press and media attention, engage audiences on social media, deliver campaigns, write blogs, produce podcasts and more.
Conservation Careers analysed 29,767 conservation jobs, from over 100 countries, and 41% explicitly wanted people with communications skills or experience. Of these, 2,726 were communications specialist roles like Communications Officers. Marketing Managers or Social Media Officers.
If you want to succeed as a professional conservationist you need communications skills.
Introducing ‘Communications for Conservation Projects‘
This is an online course brought to you by the team at Conservation Careers. The structure of the course follows a detailed analysis of what employers are looking for when hiring early-career conservationists, and is taught by communications guru Lloyd Gofton.
During the course you’ll learn, how to:
- Produce a communications plan for conservation projects.
- Write engaging copy about conservation projects.
- Get press and media coverage for conservation projects.
- Build and engage audiences on social media for conservation projects.
- Create content to support conservation campaigns.
- Measure the success of your communications activities.
After completing the course you’ll confidently be able to plan and deliver effective communications activities, during your career as a wildlife conservationist. Making you more employable, competitive and better at your job. Find out more
Inside ‘Communications for Conservation Projects‘
Included in the course are the following:
- Six Step-by-Step Modules to attack at your own pace. You’ll learn how to plan and deliver effective communications, as part of your duties as a conservation professional. A new module is released each week.
- Support from the experts. You’ll have support from us via email, Zoom, and in our private CC Pro community. We’ll be with you every step of the way.
- Go at your own pace. With our self-paced flexibility, you’ll have access to the course for a full year. You can work entirely at your own pace and around your busy life and work commitments. You don’t need to stick to a schedule.
- CC Pro community. You’ll be welcomed into our new private online community for three months. Get answers to burning questions, enjoy regular live events, participate in growth challenges, share your coursework, celebrate your successes and more.
- Career guides. You’ll get access to a growing collection of career boosting guides including our famous ‘How to apply for a conservation job’ handbook.
- Over 12,000 live jobs. Access to the biggest conservation job board. As part of the course you’ll get access to over 12,000 conservation jobs from across the globe for a full year.
- Certificate. Everyone who completes the course receives a certificate.
- Rock-solid guarantee. Try it for 14 days. Not happy for whatever reason? We will refund 100% of your money.
Who is the course for?
- Professional Conservationists | Are you working as a professional conservationist, and wanting to improve your communications skills, be better in your role and improve your career prospects? Through the course you’ll learn how to confidently plan and deliver effective communications activities as a key part of your job.
- Job Seekers | Are you currently hunting for a conservation job but struggling? The course will help you to stand out from the crowd better, by learning key skills sought after by 41% of conservation employers.
- Students | Are you currently at university or college, and planning to try and find work in the conservation sector when you finish? There’s no better time to start building the key skills which employers are looking for in the sector, so you can hit the ground running on your graduation day.
- Career Switchers | Have you always had a passion for wildlife and want to work in nature conservation, but don’t know where to start? You might be working in a totally unrelated field right now, and need some clarity on what’s needed to get going. We’re here to provide you with the key skills sought-after by conservation employers.
Over 300 happy students
We’ve trained over 300 students to date, and received 100% satisfaction and 94% recommendation ratings. Here are some of their kind words:
“I’m writing to let you know that, after two and a half years of volunteering and taking courses, I’m about to start my first job with a conservation charity! Thanks to my participation in the Communications for Conservation Projects course I’ve just started as Communications Manager at the World Cetacean Alliance. I’m thrilled to be starting my career in wildlife conservation and feel very grateful for your expert advice and support along the way. Thank you!” Miki Tillett, UK.
“Just wanted to reach out and say thank you so much to you and Lloyd for creating the conservation communications course. I recently secured a job for the Cornwall Seal Group Research Trust as a Marine Stories Ranger … a large part of why they were impressed was because of my participation in the course and the skills it has equipped me with. I know you like to hear feedback, so just wanted to let you know. Thanks again!” Charlie Gill, UK.
“Whether you want to raise awareness on a conservation issue, fundraise for a conservation project, or attract new supporters, the Communications for Conservation Projects course takes you step by step through the media campaign process. Real-life examples and guidance from experts give you a solid launch pad and clear direction for your own campaigns.“ Enrol and get ready for take-off! Tracy, UK.
How to enrol
The regular cost for the course is £295 (or $395/ €350).
Full details can be found here