Physical Processes Consultant
Location: Devon or Glasgow
GoBe Consultants Ltd (GoBe) is an innovative and dynamic marine environmental and planning consultancy. Following recent expansion, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business to meet current demands from our existing clients through the recruitment of a Physical Processes Consultant.
GoBe operate at the forefront of the offshore wind sector and this represents a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified individual to learn from industry recognised staff and to rapidly raise their profile in the world’s fastest growing energy sector. We specialise in providing high quality strategic marine environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on marine renewable energy developments and the marine aggregate industry. Our work includes the provision of technical support across the full range of project phases (from site bid/ feasibility, through consenting, examination, and post-consent compliance) and the successful candidate will contribute to the successful delivery of environmental and planning services to our Clients.
Physical Processes Consultant Role:
The role represents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work alongside GoBe’s Physical Processes Technical Lead and support the wider GoBe UK team through the provision of technical support on offshore and coastal marine projects, including major offshore wind farm projects across the UK. This technical role will involve the collation, analysis and interpretation of coastal and marine process data and information, enabling the provision of scientific advice to GoBe project teams and clients.
We are specifically looking for candidates with a geo-science or marine process background who are able to confidently apply their knowledge of the interaction of development projects (particularly offshore wind projects) with marine process regimes to our ongoing and future project portfolio. Whilst this is predominantly a Physical Processes role, there may be a need at times for the successful individual to support with other company requirements. This would depend on the skills the individual brings to GoBe, but could include assistance with general environmental assessment/ reporting work undertaken by the company. The successful applicant will be delegated tasks and responsibilities appropriate to their experience and ability and will be expected to work both independently and support larger multi-disciplinary teams. The successful applicant will of course be mentored, trained and supported by the Physical Processes Technical Lead, the Directors and a team of expert technical advisors in order to develop professionally.
- Provision of physical processes support on our UK project portfolio; and
- Provision of data gathering and data management support.
- Assist with the production of high-quality reports for Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Assist with the sourcing, manipulation and management of technical data;
- Advise project staff on physical process related issues, including the interaction of marine developments on the receiving physical environment, as required;
- Contribute to stakeholder liaison in support of our clients.
Key skills and capabilities
- Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc/ PhD level, in a relevant discipline (geosciences, oceanography, etc.);
- Experience of report production, with a good attention to detail;
- An interest in the marine environment or renewables along with a desire to work on major infrastructure projects;
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to given deadlines;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels; and
- Self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a growing team.
- Understanding of physical and coastal processes, including the interaction between oceanographic, sedimentary and geomorphology;
- Demonstrated experience of working with physical process datasets;
- Familiarity with commonly used numerical modelling packages would be advantageous (for example MIKE, Delft); and
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel, word and pdf software.
This Consultant role with GoBe will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most challenging marine development projects in the UK.
We offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office location.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for submissions: 30th September 2021.
Click here for more information.