Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Are you an ambitious, talented and enthusiastic Leader / Project Director with experience in offshore renewables and energy transition looking to inspire a team to deliver with precision, pace and passion?
ENVIRONMENT TEAM LEAD, LIPHOOK (HANTS), ABERDEEN, DUNDEE or CARDIFF
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an excellent career opportunity to join an established, friendly, supportive, marine consulting team with aspirations for growth in the UK, Ireland and Internationally. In return for your enthusiasm in displaying the right Intertek Energies (inspirational, pioneering, emotional, engaging and winning), the role will allow the successful candidate to make their mark and advance their career. Any of our four office locations in the UK could be used as a base for the position, although with post COVID-19 work flexibility, we are keen to hear from talent throughout the UK, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland.
- Grow, manage and lead a medium sized team of professional environmental specialists providing environmental permitting, EIA/SEA and specialist environmental studies for the offshore renewables, offshore cables (power and telecoms) and oil and gas sectors.
- Talent review and succession planning.
- Lead on business development, building the pipeline of environmental work by developing existing contacts and building new industry contacts.
- Project Director for a portfolio of projects comprising direction to the Environment team, accountability for all deliverables, adherence to Intertek Group HSEQ policies
- Support the strategic leadership of the wider Intertek Energy & Water team.
- Promote Intertek Energy & Water and wider Intertek Group services by supporting marketing initiatives.
- Engender a strong HSE culture, leading by example and promoting the Intertek 10x energies.
Intertek’s passionate and entrepreneurial culture inspires employees to be Ever Better, to own and shape their future, whilst giving them the freedom, power and tools to develop a learning and development pathway that is unique to them. From their unique Skills for Success management and leadership development programme, which enables employees to gain skills and recognised qualifications to deliver 10X Performance, to Learning Leadership Labs that allow a learning experience for new and future leaders to support innovation and engage their people through collaborative quality conversations, Intertek has amazing opportunities waiting just for you!
- Demonstrable experience managing a team, including mentoring staff, commercial and business management, monthly reporting, succession planning and recruitment.
- Comprehensive experience as a technical leader in marine EIA for National Significant Infrastructure Projects in the offshore sector and be familiar with the Development Consent Order process. This experience will ideally (although not essentially) have involved project leadership throughout the project lifecycle from Scoping through to Examination.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build internal and external relationships with a range of clients and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of winning work with a variety of clients in a range of sectors.
- Experience or knowledge of the energy transition sector.
- Experience or knowledge of the Irish Renewable Energy Market
- Minimum of 15 years industry experience
- Educated to MSc level or equivalent.
- Chartered Membership of a relevant Professional Institution (desirable)
- Global pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry, they are the only company in the world that delivers – on a truly global scale – a fully integrated portfolio of Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
- Located in 1,000+ laboratories and offices across the world.
- Our innovation-led, end-to-end Total Quality Assurance (‘TQA’) proposition helps organisations operate safely, effectively and with complete peace of mind in an increasingly complex, fast-changing world across all industries.
- A focused strategy and culture that gives employees the right platform to grow and develop their careersThrough our network of over 42,000 people in 1,000 laboratories and offices in 100 countries, Intertek provides quality and safety solutions to a wide range of industries around the world.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a CV, covering letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO 31/10/21
View the vacancy on our website