Offshore EIA / HRA Specialist
Location: Flexible with office locations in Devon or Glasgow
GoBe Consultants Ltd is a market leading environmental and planning consultancy specializing in the provision of services to the offshore wind farm sector. Due to continued expansion in our project portfolio, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business through the recruitment of experienced, highly motivated Offshore EIA and / or HRA Specialists.
GoBe specialise in providing high quality, environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on the offshore wind farm development sector where we have provided advice to over 35 projects representing almost 30GW of capacity both in UK and non-UK waters. Our work includes the provision of advice across the full range of project phases (from site selection / feasibility, through the EIA and consenting process, and for NSIPs during examination, and during the post consent, project execution phase).
GoBe are exceptionally well positioned as a leading environmental advisory firm in the offshore wind farm sector with an existing and developing workload on ongoing Round 3 offshore wind and recent extension projects, and can offer opportunities in the current Round 4, ScotWind leasing processes and Irish markets – it is a very exciting time to join our business.
The Offshore EIA and / or HRA Specialist roles at GoBe Consultants Ltd will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most exciting development projects in the UK energy sector, managing and contributing to the offshore components of consent applications and the management of consent compliance for multi-billion pound infrastructure projects. We are looking for candidates who can bring existing offshore EIA delivery experience or a strong offshore or marine sciences technical background to apply to our existing and future project portfolio.
We are specifically looking for candidates with a marine or coastal EIA and / or HRA background and who are able to apply their expertise and understanding of the interaction of the offshore and coastal aspects of offshore wind development to service and expand our technical offering to our clients.
- Contribution to and project management of offshore related workstreams, particularly in relation to offshore wind farm projects (e.g. site selection and offshore cable route optioneering studies, EIA and / or HRA preparation and management, consent application and post consent compliance);
- The project management and delivery of EIA and / or HRA for offshore wind farm projects;
- Providing technical advice and strategic direction to our clients; and
- Contributing to and/or leading on stakeholder liaison in support of our clients.
Key skills and capabilities
- Chartered member of a relevant professional organisation (or working towards such accreditation);
- Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc level, in a relevant offshore, marine sciences discipline;
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Ideally, an established track record of providing EIA and / or HRA for major offshore infrastructure development projects in the UK (in offshore renewables or other marine development sector), with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Working knowledge of the EIA and / or HRA process and the technical assessments underpinning offshore consenting work;
- Experience of working within the planning process, ideally in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and/or the Republic of Ireland; and
- Experience working with regulators and stakeholders.
We offer flexible working with offices in south Devon and central Glasgow (and remote options considered for exceptional candidates), we offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office locations.