Grieg Seafood Shetland Ltd. is recruiting for the following position:
The position would entail:
- Data Analysis – pre-/post-processing of data sets (ADCP/bathymetry/wind) for use in hydrodynamic models, visualisation of data using GIS and other processing software.
- Numerical Modelling – including grid generation and optimization, set up of model input files, use of hydrodynamic models to characterize coastal marine processes, processing and interpretation of results.
- Site Development – complete pre-application consultations and submit reports to regulators.
- Technical – attend Technical Working Groups as and when required.
- Deployment and maintenance of hydrographic equipment.
- Carry out any other work to assist the Environmental Team as and when required.
The successful applicant will have:
- A general understanding of modelling in the marine environment, preferably along the Scottish coastline. Knowledge of hydrodynamic modelling software (Delft3D, Mike) is preferred.
- Experience in data analysis and processing is essential e.g. current meters, bathymetry data.
- Knowledge of scientific computing languages is required, preferably Matlab/Python.
- Knowledge of GPS, navigation and GIS systems is preferred.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, good research skills and a practical, logical approach to problem solving.
- A high level of commitment and self-motivation, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Scottish aquaculture industry is preferred, although not essential.
- A full driving licence is essential.
The preferred base location for this position is Scotland.
An attractive salary is available for this position. For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Meghan Rochford at email@example.com.
To apply, please contact recruitment by e-mail at Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7th August 2020