Conference: 2nd Restoring Estuarine and Coastal
Habitats in the North East Atlantic
Tuesday 14th July, 2020 | Royal Geographical Society, London
Co-hosted by the Environment Agency and Natural England
POSTPONED TO JANUARY 2021
Our near shore seas and estuaries in the North East Atlantic have been transformed by human activity with significant losses of key habitats and the services they once provided. We have the capability to reverse some of these changes which has become crucial to adapting to the climate and ecological crisis that pose a major threat to our estuarine and coastal ecosystems.
The 2nd REACH North East Atlantic conference brings together experts from academia, government, NGOs and industry to update delegates on what progress has been made since last year’s REACH conference and recognise the work we still have to do. We are aiming to use the conference to:
- Provide leadership and direction on restoration in estuarine and coastal habitats – the need, context and targets we hope to achieve
- Continue to grow the network, inspire practical collaboration, share best practice and explore restoration challenges.
- Draw on international expertise to provide insight and share knowledge.
- Share innovative communication and benefit tools or methods
- Help influence funding for place based projects and programmes that builds capacity and providing multiple benefits.
Presentations will focus around these outcomes
Abstract submissions: If your work addresses some of these questions, we would welcome an abstract submission by 10th April with a view to a conference presentation or poster. We may not be able to accommodate all presentations but there will also be a slot for shorter 3 minute awareness-raising presentations for your work.
If you would like to discuss the conference or submit an abstract please e-mail Roger Proudfoot, the conference organiser, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The draft programme will be published at the end of April.
Click here to view the outputs from last year’s REACH conference.
Sponsorship: There is opportunity to sponsor the conference and receive sponsorship benefits. Please e-mail: email@example.com with the conference title in the heading if you would like more information on the sponsorship package.
Sponsors so far: