Senior Environmental Consultant – Offshore (Maternity Cover)
Position: Planning & Environment
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term Full Time
Closing Date: Fri, Jan 31, 2020
The Planning & Environment department within Natural Power is made up of a diverse range of both off and onshore consultants with considerable technical experience and expertise covering both ecology and planning. We are expanding our offshore team and we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious employee to work on a wide variety of high-profile offshore renewable and cabling projects globally. We are recruiting for a senior consultant, specialising in offshore environmental compliance and sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate work for marine/EPS licence applications and variations
- Manage ongoing work to ensure marine licence compliance on operational sites
- Draft and review marine licence compliance documentation
- Provide advice on environmental sustainability in the offshore renewable industry
- Travel to project sites to engage with site-based teams & technicians
- Assist clients in ensuring compliance with internal environmental policies procedures and associated ISO accreditation’s
- Manage projects to time and budget
- Lead on tender submissions for offshore licence compliance opportunities, and provide input to other tenders where required
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Health & Safety: All employees are required to adhere to Health & Safety Regulations and ensure best practice is met by both themselves and by their colleagues
- Conduct: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with company values, policies and codes of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook
- Quality: All employees are expected to work within the systems, processes and procedures outlined within the department and / or company handbooks or software platforms or training manuals
- Flexibility: A reasonable degree of flexibility is required from all employees to meet the needs of the role, the department and the wider company
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree/MSc level in marine science, environmental or an ecological discipline
- Previous experience and in depth knowledge of UK offshore licence compliance regimes
- Knowledge of offshore operations at operational wind farms
- Previous project & client management experience
- Ability to effectively communicate information to both technical and non technical colleagues, clients and 3rd parties
- Experience working within Health, Safety & Quality teams is desirable, along with knowledge of offshore emergency (e.g. spill) response procedures and chemical management measures.
- Due to the nature of the role you will be required to hold a full drivers’ licence
Natural Power is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Natural Power reserves the right to remove this vacancy at any time.
Closing date: 31st January 2020 at 12.00pm
After the closing date this job description will no longer be available on our website therefore, please retain a copy for your records.