Senior / Principal Maritime Consultant
Click here to see our website for more details on the company and our careers page
Overview – The role
We are looking for a capable and experienced consultant to take a lead role within our team delivering marine, shipping and navigation projects for consultancy and EIA across offshore renewables, oil and gas and ports/maritime sectors.
Your role will involve delivering consultancy projects drawing on your expertise and working cross functionally with our team of mariners, harbour masters and technical maritime personnel, risk and GIS/data specialists to bring together the skills and capabilities of the wider team.
Maritime experience and interest (whether professional or personal) will be valued, although a willingness to learn is key. Maritime technical training and development will be provided and tailored to your experience and career progression plan. The business has a strong commitment to professional development and will ensure you have the right training, kit and skills to do your job well.
Your role has potential to develop quickly – taking responsibility for defined areas such as technical delivery, project management, business development or team leadership around your skills, interests and the business needs.
The successful candidate must have:
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a consultancy environment (e.g. as a scientist, engineer, environmental professional, GIS/data analyst or maritime professional) with either:
- A relevant university degree (e.g. science, engineering, geography or risk/mathematics) or;
- At least 5 years of maritime domain experience (e.g. mariner, harbour master, VTS)
- Self-motivation, passion and appetite for a challenge
- Computer literacy and competency with MS office suite
- Excellent report writing, English language and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with initiative and as part of a team and with clients and stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience of managing projects and co-ordinating tasks
- Experience of bidding for work
Ideally you will also have:
- Structured thinking skills with ability to identify and solve problems
- Experience of handling, analysing and interpreting datasets
- Understanding and knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), licensing and consenting
- Experience of co-ordinating or undertaking marine technical reports and navigation risk assessments
- Industry presence and network
- Membership and chartered status (or progression towards) with a relevant professional institution
Nash Maritime is a new and exciting maritime consultancy. We manage and deliver shipping & navigation studies and marine risk assessments for major infrastructure developments in offshore renewables, ports/harbours, marine terminals and oil & gas facilities. We provide innovative whole-life cycle solutions through planning, site selection, feasibility studies, design, consenting, EIA, operation and decommissioning phases of projects. Working in the UK and internationally, we integrate practical expertise with quantitative analysis and modelling.
As an early stage business founded in 2018, with years of industry experience amongst our personnel, we’re fast and agile, and receiving a lot of industry attention for our innovative and client focused approach. By joining us now, you will benefit from being involved in shaping our business and accelerating your career as we continue our journey to be a leading shipping and navigation provider.
We are a friendly and hard-working business with a people-led approach, and an emphasis on getting things done whilst having fun!
You can expect from us:
- A starting salary of between £35,000 and £65,000 depending on experience
- Opportunity for performance-related reward with business success and growth
- Defined Contribution Workplace Pension. Employer contribution of 5% plus employer-matched employee contributions up to 5%
- A commitment to your training and development
- 25 days of paid leave plus public holidays
- Flexible working
Logistics and application process
This opportunity is based at our modern waterfront offices in Southampton though some travel will be required. The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in the UK.
If you would like an informal discussion about the opportunity, please call Ed Rogers or Jamie Holmes on +44(0)2380 381681.
Applications should be made by email to email@example.com attaching a two page CV and a one page covering letter. The recruitment process involves an initial phone conversation followed by an interview and may also include aptitude profiling.
Closing dates for applications is Monday 03 February 2020 and Nash Maritime reserves the right to remove the vacancy at any time.