Fisheries Research and Management Plan Officer
Salary: NJC Grade E £21,589
Type of Contract: 1 year fixed term
Work Pattern: 37 hours per week Closing date: Monday 18th November 2019
Interviews to take place: Monday 25th November 2019 at the Brixham Office
Benefits: 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays | Time off in lieu of accrued hours
- To develop and produce the first Fisheries Research and Management Plans for the Devon and Severn IFCA’s (D&S IFCA) District.
- To promote the Fisheries Research and Management Plans and their contents to relevant organisations and stakeholders.
- To assist with the delivery of the Fisheries Research and Management Plan project aims and reporting to the funding body.
- To at all times work to positively represent the D&S IFCA and the values of the organisation.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- A marine environment related degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent desk-based research and writing skills
- Good statistical data analysis and interpretation skills
- Experience of GIS data analysis
- Knowledge of the UK fisheries management regime and relevant legislation and policy
- An understanding of wider marine environmental issues, marine activities and the marine planning and licensing regimes
- Excellent communication skills, experience of presenting complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental organisations
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
Click here to view the job description.