Offshore renewable energy summer school
23 July – 3 August 2018
HR Wallingford, UK
The offshore renewable energy summer school is a two-week course hosted by HR Wallingford and is delivered at the end of year one of the Edinburgh / Strathclyde / Exeter Industrial Doctorate Centre in Offshore Renewable Energy (IDCORE) programme. The first summer school in this series was held at HR Wallingford in 2012 and attended by post graduate students from the IDCORE programme.
From 2013, the course has been open to bookings from other students and professionals with the added flexibility of attending either the full course, or selected modules. The summer school is designed to deliver an industry focused course that aims to expand and sustain a community of high-quality staff for the UK offshore renewable energy industry.
The course has been accredited by IMarEST for Continuing Professional Development and uses taught sessions, case studies and hands-on activities delivered by industry experts. Full details on the course and all modules can be found on our website but as a guide;
Week one outlines site selection procedures, environmental assessments and noise modelling, computational modelling (TELEMAC and SWAN) and wave forces on structures.
Week two covers maritime engineering, marine scour and sediment, and includes a day spent on practical exercises in our physical modelling laboratory and navigation simulation facilities.
At the end of the course participants will have:
- appreciation of the wide range of issues relating to offshore renewables, and of initial site selection;
- hands on experience of running TELEMAC computational flow and SWAN wave models for resource assessment and design;
- knowledge and application methods for determining forces on offshore / nearshore structures;
- an understanding of environmental legislation and assessments;
- an understanding of key engineering issues, construction methods and equipment; knowledge on specific issues of sediments and scour around offshore structures.
The standard fee for the full two-week course (23-27 July and 30 July-3 August) is £3,000.00 (excluding VAT). This includes all documentation, lunch and refreshments (please note, it does not include accommodation).
Information on the fees for the individual modules are detailed on our website at http://training.hrwallingford.com/training/offshore-renewable-energy-summer-school
There are a limited number of discounted places for the full course available on application for those in full time UK education, for further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or to reserve your place, please go to training.hrwallingford.com.