Senior Marine Monitoring Lead
Payband 7, Civil Service Equivalent Grade 7
£44,272 – £53,478
Full-time, Part-time, flexible working, job share
Based in our Lowestoft Laboratory and working within the Cefas Monitoring Group, you will provide leadership in the development and implementation of the marine monitoring programmes, working to deliver the needs of the Defra Marine System. The role will require an understanding of the relevant Defra policy team’s priorities and a strong understanding of recent scientific and technological developments in the field is essential.
The main duties and responsibilities of the post will include:
- Implementing the Defra Group Marine and Fisheries Monitoring Strategy;
- Providing options for practical delivery of multidisciplinary and integrated monitoring, which both optimises scientific value and achieves the necessary efficiencies going forward;
- Building on existing relationships with the marine science community to create new networks and heighten Cefas’ profile and attending relevant national and international monitoring working groups;
- Mentoring Cefas marine scientists as required to introduce new ways of integrating monitoring programmes and applying innovative methods;
- Close interaction with Cefas Defra Portfolio Leads and Defra policy teams engaged in the delivery of marine monitoring under the Marine System;
- Ensuring that self and colleagues operate to the highest standards of safety and to take responsibility for health and safety across all accountabilities.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
You should have significant relevant experience, management training/qualifications, and evidence of extensive and successful working within the UK and wider international monitoring community.
The ability to travel (including possibly overseas) and work flexibly is essential.
Click here for full details and to apply online.
Closing date for applications is Monday 12th June 2017.