Marine Licencing Officer
- Location: Flexible (you will be contracted to the nearest NRW office to your home, the role allows for hybrid working and you may work from home or use the office as you please, any required attendance will be planned in advance)
- Grade & Salary: 5, £31,490-£34,902
- Post number: 201611
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hours, flexible
Closing date: 11 October 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
As a Marine Licensing Officer you will lead on complex licence determination and decision making under marine permitting legislation by carrying out appropriate technical assessment in accordance with NRW policies and procedures where available, and issue, refuse or vary permits within timescales.
You will analyse and interpret a wide range of complex information, extracting key points and communicating this to others, at all levels.
Represent the permitting team in your area of expertise on relevant internal technical groups, and internal/external stakeholder meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation and how it relates to the permitting process.
- Practical experience of assessing relevant licence/permit applications or using them in a compliance role.
- Track record of delivering timely optimal solutions by effective information analysis and risked based decisions.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of customer service delivery and the ability to influence and persuade to achieve environmental outcomes.
- Experience of delivering process improvements/efficiencies.
To apply, please visit our website.