Following the success of our 1st CCAT cross border event in 2020, the CCAT team are delighted to announce our second free virtual networking and knowledge exchange event, Coastal Communities Adapting Together (CCAT): Exchanging Knowledge and Best Practice across borders 2021, planned for October 19th, 20th and 21st 2021. As we explored in our event last year, coastal communities are forefront of the impacts of climate change, adaptation, resilience and associated coastal management decisions and planning. Through this second event, co-organised by Cardiff University and the wider CCAT team, we will bring together a diverse range of practitioners and academics, and will welcome speakers on a wide range of topics including:
- Reflections from communities currently experiencing the impacts of climate change,
- Community scale initiatives, and community engagement in coastal management and climate adaptation
- Examples of nature based solutions in practice,
- Case studies from across the UK, Ireland, as well as other international examples.
- The role of technology within climate change adaptation and resilience,
- And finally, showcasing the work done through the CCAT project.
Register for free here