Location: Flexible with office locations in Devon or Glasgow
GoBe Consultants Ltd is a market leading environmental and planning consultancy specializing in the provision of services to the offshore wind farm sector. Due to continued expansion in our project portfolio, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business through the recruitment of experienced, highly motivated Ornithologists.
GoBe specialise in providing high quality, environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on the offshore wind farm development sector where we have provided advice to over 35 projects representing almost 30GW of capacity both in UK and non-UK waters. Our work includes the provision of advice across the full range of project phases (from site selection / feasibility, through the EIA and consenting process, and for NSIPs during examination, and during the post consent, project execution phase).
GoBe are exceptionally well positioned as a leading environmental advisory firm in the offshore wind farm sector with an existing and developing workload on ongoing Round 3 offshore wind and recent extension projects and can offer opportunities in the current Round 4 and ScotWind leasing processes. This is a very exciting time to join our business.
We are now seeking individuals with knowledge of seabird ecology to work as part of our offshore ornithology team contributing to EIA and HRA, design mitigation and the development of compensation measures in relation to some of the largest and most exciting development projects in the UK energy sector, managing and contributing to the offshore ornithology assessment process for consent applications for multi-billion pound infrastructure projects. We are seeking candidates at all levels who have relevant experience of seabird ecology and, ideally, offshore ornithological impact assessment and related technical studies (for example collision risk modelling, population viability assessment, ornithological EIA etc). If you are able to demonstrate relevant experience in offshore ornithology we would be delighted to hear from you.
- Develop and support ornithological related workstreams including delivering ornithological assessment input into the EIA and HRA process for offshore wind developments;
- Provide technical advice and assessment as part of our existing ornithological team;
- Contribute to and/or lead on stakeholder liaison in support of our clients; and
- Provide specialist input and advice on ornithological matters to support our clients at a project and strategic level.
Key skills and capabilities
- Educated to at least degree, but preferably MSc, level in a relevant discipline;
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Ideally, an established track record in the field of offshore ornithology and seabird ecology, derived from a relevant career in consultancy, research or working for government.
- Ideally, a working knowledge of the technical assessments underpinning ornithological work in support of development projects and through the EIA and HRA processes (e.g. CRM, displacement analysis, apportioning, PVA, monitoring design, etc.), ideally related to offshore wind farm development;
- Ideally, some experience of working within the planning process, ideally in England, Wales or Scotland; and
- Ideally, experience working with regulators and stakeholders.
We offer flexible working with offices in south Devon and central Glasgow, we offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office locations.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information.