Senior Marine Science Consultant
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability related services. We work with the world’s leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. We draw on a multidisciplinary team of 5,500 consultants in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts.
The key sectors we serve include manufacturing, pharmaceutical, chemical, energy transition, power, technology, media & telecommunications, oil & gas, mining & metals. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them to operate more sustainably, which has a positive impact on our environment.
ERM is looking for an experienced Marine EIA Specialist to join our rapidly growing capital project delivery team. Location is flexible for the right candidate. The role is an exciting opportunity to help lead a range of critical capital projects for our global clients.
The consultant would be expected to have demonstrable experience managing and delivering UK and international marine EIA projects, including subsea cables, offshore wind, hydrogen, CCS and oil and gas.
- Lead and project manage a variety of marine EIA projects
- Navigate client projects through licensing and consenting processes
- Undertake technical reviews of project deliverables to ensure that the quality of project deliverables represent ERM standards and are in line with client needs
- Develop client proposals and to build client relationship as well as developing their own internal and external network
- Support marine business development
- Ensure client satisfaction through project communication and engagement
The ideal candidate will
- Be educated to degree or postgraduate degree in a marine environmental discipline e.g. marine biology, aquatic ecology, resources management, oceanography.
- Have 5-10 years’ experience in either a consulting environment, the regulatory sector or from industry.
- Have an understanding of environmental assessments including environmental impact assessment, habitats regulations, water framework directive, marine conservation zones, European protected species.
- Have experience in drafting of marine screening and scoping reports, marine technical reports, environmental assessment chapters.
- Have a track record in the consenting of marine and coastal schemes.
- Have project management experience.
- Have experience in conducting stakeholder and regulator meetings and preparing materials to support consultation.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following would be of benefit: marine coastal processes, fisheries, benthic ecology, marine mammals, marine water and sediment quality, marine planning.