Wildlife and Countryside Link Marine and Whales Groups are calling for a radical ocean recovery agenda to recover our oceans by 2030 to protect people and nature and climate. The manifesto describes what ocean recovery would look like and the main actions needed to achieve it. These are:
- A minimum of 30% of our seas fully protected by 3030
- Restoration and protection of marine and coastal carbon sinks
- Sustainable development prioritizing the recovery of the marine environment
- Fisheries that are sustainable and fully integrated with wider marine protection measures
- Integrated management of marine, freshwater and terrestrial environments
- Reducing plastic and chemical pollution at source.