Engineers Grade III (Civil)
The Office of Public Works (OPW) is the lead agency in co-ordinating flood risk management policy and the flood relief capital programme in Ireland and an essential component of the Irish Civil Service.
The OPW now has vacancies for Civil Engineering staff at Engineer Grade III level to join our team and support the flood risk management programme across the whole of Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity for Civil Engineers to join an organisation dedicated to supporting staff to realise their full potential with access to professional development opportunities and career progression.
1. Successful candidates must on or before 30th January 2020 hold a minimum Level 8 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications in Civil Engineering (minimum honours bachelor degree in Civil Engineering) that is accredited by Engineers Ireland or a qualification which would be acceptable to the Public Appointments Service as being at least equivalent for the purpose of this competition.
2. Possess and be able to demonstrate:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- the ability to supervise staff.
- On the date of appointment, the successful candidate must possess a current full driving licence (Category B), as he/she may be required to drive in the course of his/her duties.
Suitable experience in one or more of the following areas:
Flood relief projects; Hydrology and hydrological analysis; River engineering and hydraulics; Design and construction of civil engineering works; Project management; Contract administration; Environmental engineering or environmental science; Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
Please see Candidate Information Booklet on www.publicjobs.ie
- Work place pension
- Sickness cover
- 25 days’ annual leave (+ Public Holidays) rising to 29 days after 5 years and 30 after 10 years’ service
Click here for more information
Closing date: 3pm on 30th January 2020