Senior Physical Processes Specialist
Location: Devon or Glasgow
GoBe Consultants Ltd is an innovative and dynamic environmental and planning consultancy. Due to continued expansion, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business to meet current demands from our existing clients, together with our broadening client base, through the recruitment of an experienced, highly motivated Physical Processes Specialist.
GoBe specialise in providing high quality, environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on the offshore wind farm development sector, as well as coastal projects more widely. We also undertake research for government and government agencies, both in the UK and abroad. Our work includes the provision of high quality strategic and specialist advice across the full range of project phases (from site bid / feasibility, through consenting, and for NSIPs during examination and post consent compliance).
As part of our physical processes team, the role will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most exciting infrastructure development projects in the UK. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who can bring existing physical processes experience that can be applied to our existing and future project portfolio, with a particular focus on the offshore wind sector.
We are specifically looking for a candidate who has a geo-science or marine process background and is able to apply their detailed understanding of the interaction of development projects (particularly offshore wind projects) with the sedimentary and marine process regimes to our ongoing and future project portfolio and help expand our technical offering to our clients.
- Lead physical process related workstreams;
- Providing technical advice and strategic direction to our existing clients and projects;
- Contribute to and/or lead on stakeholder liaison; and
- Provide specialist input and advice on the interaction of marine development on the receiving physical environment as part of the wider EIA and HRA work to ensure regulatory compliance.
Key skills and capabilities
- Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc level, in a relevant discipline (geosciences, oceanography, etc.);
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Established track record on provision of physical process advice, derived from a relevant career in consultancy, research or working for government.;
- Working knowledge of the technical assessments underpinning marine processes work (e.g. sediment dispersal and hydrodynamic assessments etc.), ideally related to offshore wind farm development;
- Experience of working within the planning process, and ideally in England, Wales or Scotland; and
- Experience working with regulators and stakeholders.
Our offices are based in south Devon and central Glasgow, we offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office locations.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Click here to view the post on our website.
Closing date for submissions: 1st December 2019.