Marine Environmental Consultant
Primary Sector: Marine Environment
Secondary Sector: Offshore Energy
Location: Eye, Suffolk
Region: East Anglia
Job Function: Specialist & Technical
Closing Date: 25th October 2019
Contact Name: Liane Blake
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Brown & May Marine Limited has over 35 years’ experience in the provision of fisheries and marine environmental consultancy services to the offshore industry across Europe. Our work is focused on developing solutions for numerous blue chip clients to minimise potential conflicts and interactions between commercial fishing, fisheries resources and offshore developments and activities.
We are currently looking for a marine environmental consultant to meet our increasing workload from existing and new clients in the offshore wind, subsea cables and oil and gas sector in the UK and Europe. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team, and independently at times, providing support on a wide range of projects.
- Analysis of fisheries data and information.
- Production of commercial fisheries and fish ecology studies, impact assessments and survey reports in relation to DCO and Marine Licence Applications for offshore infrastructure projects and associated consent/licence conditions.
- Client liaison and representation at meetings with stakeholders.
- Provision of support to the wider Brown and May Marine team on fisheries liaison related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc in Marine Science, Fisheries or other relevant subject.
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience in the marine environmental sector in the UK or Europe.
- Excellent data analysis and report writing skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to engage with stakeholders from a wide range of technical backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the UK and European offshore infrastructure sector and of the consenting regime of offshore projects.
- Full UK driving licence.
Click here to view the vacancy on our website.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and you should include information on your current salary and notice period.
- Your current CV including full contact details.
- Examples of your writing skills (e.g. papers submitted, publicly available project outputs).
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name Cover Letter”, “your name CV” and “your name Writing Skills Example 1” etc. The subject of the email should read: “Application for Marine Environmental Consultant”.