Fisheries Liaison Officer
Primary Sector: Commercial Fisheries
Secondary Sector: Offshore Energy
Location: Eye, Suffolk
Region: East Anglia
Job Function: Specialist & Technical
Closing Date: 25th October 2019
Contact Name: Liane Blake
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Brown and May Marine Ltd. are looking to recruit a Fisheries Liaison Officer. The successful candidate will join a team expanding to meet an increasing workload both from existing and new clients in the renewable (offshore wind farms), oil and gas and subsea cable industries within the UK and Europe.
The role will include managing projects in relation to liaison allowing effective communication and cooperation between clients and fisheries stakeholders. In addition, the successful applicant will be required to author and assist in the production of technical reports on a range of commercial fisheries and fish ecology related subjects. The ideal candidate should have demonstrable experience in stakeholder engagement and liaison, preferably fisheries related, and retain a good understanding of accounts and financial matters. The work will be undertaken at Brown & May Marine’s office in Eye, Suffolk and will involve travel to and work from Brown and May Marine Limited’s office in Brest, France as well as further travel travel around the UK and Europe.
- A BSc in Fisheries Biology, Marine Environment or other relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Good communication skills and previous client liaison and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Ability to collate and analyse complex information accurately and present results to suit a range of different audiences.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office).
- Experience in data recording, inputting, analysis, interpretation and acquisition and good attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and as part of a team, to achieve demanding deadlines.
- Teamwork, flexibility, organisation and effective time management.
- Full driving licence.
- Available for travel around UK & Europe.
- Fluent in French.
- Previous experience in a fisheries or infrastructure project liaison role and engaging with relevant stakeholders.
Good understanding of the UK and French fishing industries and of the key stakeholders involved, including government agencies, fisheries organisations, producer organisations, etc.
Click here to view the vacancy on our website.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and you should include information on your current salary and notice period.
- Your current CV including full contact details.
- Examples of your writing skills (e.g. papers submitted, publicly available project outputs).
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name Cover Letter”, “your name CV” and “your name Writing Skills Example 1” etc. The subject of the email should read: “Application for Fisheries Liaison”.