Water Modelling Consultant
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced modeller to join our dynamic water modelling team.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 44,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
Intertek Energy & Water Consultancy Services (part of the Intertek Group) is a leading advisory company in the marine, coastal and river environments. We have exciting opportunities to develop and deliver leading edge solutions for environmental regulation and improved environmental performance
About the role
In this role, you will work on exciting projects, assessing the behavior of, and impacts on, aquatic environments. Our team is recognized as one of the UK’s leading developers of models of aquatic environments and as providers of water quality solutions. Your clients will include blue chip companies from the water, renewable energy, ports & harbours and oil & gas sectors and your solutions will make a real difference to people’s lives. We undertake projects across different sectors, from offshore assessments to water quality studies in reservoirs; from delivering the Water Framework Directive to 3D assessments of desalination plants to assessing the impacts of climate change – the opportunities for diverse and challenging projects are endless.
We develop and provide to our clients unique and powerful solutions, including models, analytical tools and predictive systems that are cutting edge – you will have an opportunity to develop these further, and to develop and promote new approaches.
This is an excellent job opportunity for a candidate who wishes to apply a creative mind to real‑world challenges and contribute to a team already established for its excellence.
In return for your skills and experience, we offer a competitive salary and benefits and an opportunity to develop your career and learn in an enthusiastic, innovative working environment.
You will have around three to five years’ experience of modelling impacts on aquatic systems. You will be dedicated and committed to delivering solutions which improve the environment around us. We are looking for somebody with an inquisitive mind who is enthused by the prospect of building scientific argument to address complex real‑world challenges. You should relish working in a cohesive team with other gifted individuals and be excited by the prospect of developing practical and quantified leading-edge solutions.
Required skills and experience
- Degree in science, engineering, mathematics or geography
- Demonstrable experience of modelling applications, which would ideally include both building and applying numerical models
- Strong data analysis skills
- A high standard of scientific report writing
- Fluency in English
Additional desirable skills
Programming skills (e.g. Python or MatLab) would be extremely useful as would experience in our key sectors – the UK water industry, offshore renewables, ports and harbours and the oil and gas industry. We are always keen to hear from talented individuals who can bring valuable skills from other areas. We can offer opportunities for project or work package management, so experience in these areas would also be useful.
We provide a comprehensive training programme for our tools and software meaning that your skills and experience will quickly develop and expand.
THE PERSONAL QUALITIES WE SEEK, EMBODYING OUR INHERENT ENERGIES: HOW WE WORK
- Commercial acumen
- Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions, whilst incorporating company vision when planning
- Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
- Strategic foresight to predict and plan for the future
- Result orientated to ensure our people, customers and strategy are aligned
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
- Be aspirational in shaping yours and the company’s future by motivating and energising colleagues in achieving united goals.
- Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
- Highly energised mindset with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually as well as creating an environment for people to grow
- Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- Motivated, self-starter
- Drive performance through setting clear performance expectations
- Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
- Sets a high-performance culture
- Ability to recognise and reward strong individual and team performance
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on analysis of the information presented
- Fosters integrity and honesty
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a CV, covering letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and salary expectations to email@example.com. All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
Intertek has been a pioneer for 130 years.
Our rich history reaches back over 130 years to some of the world’s leading pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry. Our story starts at the inception of the modern testing industry and evolved from the combined growth of a number of innovative companies.
We are a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide.
Today Intertek a global force and continues to innovate to offer superior customer service. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
True to the innovative spirit of our founders, we are continuing to re-define the industry with our Total Quality Assurance value proposition – going beyond physical quality control through our Testing, Inspection and Certification services to offering Total Peace of Mind, as we additionally provide Assurance services, ensuring our customers’ operating procedures and systems are functioning properly.
Behind it lies our Customer Promise – Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
It is our people that make the difference – be one of us.
Intertek is a family that is committed to working together to bring quality and safety to life in an environment which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving their business objectives.
By joining Intertek’s global team you will share our vision of becoming the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance. In addition you will work with some of the best, brightest, and most inspiring people in the Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry who go above and beyond to deliver Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide whilst exceeding customer expectations, globally 24/7.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within four weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies
CLOSING DATE: 25/10/19