Environmental Consultant – Offshore
Position: Planning & Environment
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019
The Planning & Environment department within Natural Power is made up of a diverse range of both off and onshore consultants with considerable technical experience and expertise covering both ecology and planning. Our supportive, collaborative and innovative team are currently expanding, we are recruiting for a highly motivated and ambitious Fisheries Consultant to join our offshore team to work on a wide variety of high-profile offshore renewable and cabling projects globally.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Liaising with fishermen and their representatives regarding offshore surveys and construction work
- Undertaking marine survey work
- Analysing fisheries and survey data
- Preparing written reports (including technical reports and EIA chapters)
- Producing Notice to Mariners
- Project management (budgeting and management of subcontractors)
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Health & Safety: All employees are required to adhere to Health & Safety Regulations and ensure best practice is met by both themselves and by their colleagues
Conduct: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with company values, policies and codes of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook
Quality: All employees are expected to work within the systems, processes and procedures outlined within the department and / or company handbooks or software platforms or training manuals
Flexibility: A reasonable degree of flexibility is required from all employees to meet the needs of the role, the department and the wider company
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to BSc in Marine Ecology and/or MSc in a Marine science subject
- Previous experience of working with fishing communities
- Proven report writing experience, including technical reports
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail orientated, collaborative and proactive approach
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office with strong IT skills
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Full, valid driving licence
- Educated to PhD level in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in a consultancy business
Natural Power is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Natural Power reserves the right to remove this vacancy at any time.
Click here for more information
Closing date: 24th August 2019 at 12.00pm
After the closing date this job description will no longer be available on our website therefore, please retain a copy for your records.