Deputy Commercial Development Manager
Closing Date: 31/07/2019
Hours: Full Time
The Environmental department provides a wide range of marine environmental survey expertise to our clients, from marine mammal mitigation and acoustic monitoring through to benthic characterisations and habitat assessments. These operations occur over a wide range of market sectors but are predominantly used to support our clients’ Oil & Gas and Renewables project activities in a variety of geographical markets.
The primary responsibilities of the department’s Commercial Development Manager are:
- to provide overall management and day-to-day coordination and direction for the Environmental project management team, with responsibility for the commercial outputs of the department and the quality of the Project Management team’s products and services, to internal and external clients and project stakeholders;
- provide support for on-going and new projects;
- provide market insight to the R&D department guiding new product development;
- to take a leading role in the development of departmental commercial strategy and the marketing of the department’s services.
You will be based in the company headquarters in Great Yarmouth although the role will require travel to attend project meetings, marketing trips as well as attending and presenting at conferences.
You will be reporting to the General Manager but working alongside other key members of the department to provide joined up approach to project management and successful project delivery.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in marine biology, environmental science or other relevant discipline
- A good understanding of marine mammal mitigation, marine acoustic and environmental legislation, field work methodologies and equipment.(Experience of geophysical and geotechnical surveys will be advantageous)
- Experience of managing and leading a team, setting the standard in terms of work quality and service delivery
- 3+ years of Project Management experience, preferably with experience in the commercial aspects of project costing and negotiation.
- Strong problem solving abilities with the capability to find effective solutions in a timely manner
- The ability to work as part of a team but also independently when required.
To apply for the role you must be a UK/EU citizen. Please send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information.