Specialist Advisor: Marine and Coastal Physical Science
Location: Flexible – South Wales
Grade & Salary: 6 £33,424.00
Post Number: 201428
Contract Type: Fixed term for 12 months
Work Pattern: Full time
Application Closing Date: 08/08/2019
To lead on the provision of Marine and Coastal physical science assessments and advice. This technical/specialist advice will inform the development of NRW policy, programmes, plans, strategies and guidance. You will work with colleagues from other teams in EPP and Operations, officials from WG and sector representatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to Marine and Coastal Physical Science; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in Marine and Coastal Physical Science; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpretation of a range of complex environmental information and marine and coastal physical science data sources and models; analysing large data sets using GIS and other data analysis software.
- Working with/in statutory nature conservation bodies, eNGOs, public bodies and marine sector representative bodies.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- You will be a member of a relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required.
For more information please visit our website