Specialist Advisor Marine Ecology (Ornithology)
- Location: Flexible – Bangor preferred
- Grade & Salary: 6 – £33,424.00
- Post Number: 202063
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2020.
- Work Pattern: 37 Hours per week
- Application Closing Date: 2nd June 2019
- Interview to take place on and where: 19 June, Bangor
To lead on the provision of marine ecological (predominantly ornithology) technical and specialist advice, especially on the potential impacts of marine renewable energy developments. This will include advising on ecological assessments and writing guidance. You will work with colleagues from other teams in NRW, officials from Government and sector representatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to marine and coastal ecosystems and specifically marine ornithology and marine development impacts; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in marine and coastal ecosystems and specifically marine ornithology and marine development impacts and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpreting a range of environmental information and data; analysing large data sets;
- Specialist technical knowledge related to marine ornithology, marine ecology and marine development impacts
- Working with/in Welsh Government, statutory nature conservation bodies, eNGOs, public bodies and marine sector representative bodies.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and qualifications.
- You will be a member of a relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required;
For more information please visit our website.