Closing Date: 31/05/2019
Salary Range: £27,752-£41,628
Full Time – 3 year fixed term appointment
PML has an exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to contribute to the achievement of PML’s annual fundraising targets by identifying charitable and philanthropic funding sources, building relationships with funders, both leading and supporting fundraising proposal development and new initiatives.
- Research and manage a pipeline of opportunities from suitable charitable trusts and foundations, philanthropic sources, and corporations/companies.
- Develop relationships with potential charitable funders, as appropriate, and maintain good relationships with existing funders.
- Work with scientists, and other colleagues in PML’s Corporate Affairs Group, to write and submit high quality, tailored funding proposals.
- Prepare budgets to support fundraising proposals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of communications with relevant trusts, foundations and corporations.
- Work with colleagues in Corporate Affairs to develop communications appropriate for charitable fundraising audiences.
- Liaise with PML’s Contracts and Finance department to ensure that funding awards are acknowledged and received.
- Submit relevant monitoring and evaluation reports required by funders, ensuring high standards are consistently met.
- Suggest or contribute to new fundraising initiatives.
- Operate within charity law and adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- Accept legal responsibility for own safety and that of others as appropriate.
Experience & Eligibility Requirements
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising and proposal writing, preferably in a scientific/academic organization and charity environment, and within the context of securing funding from trusts and/or foundations.
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Scientific background or sound awareness of a research environment.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills.
- Good computing skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Preferably proven experience of budget preparation.
Click here for more information