Experienced Fisheries Consultant
Location: London, UK
Working hours: full-time
Salary and terms: Salary will be competitive, reflect our London base, and commensurate with the level of experience of the candidate appointed. Benefits include a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Paycare medical benefits and a discretionary bonus scheme.
MRAG is a leading environmental consultancy dedicated to the sustainable management of natural resources. We specialise in fisheries management and have significant experience of wider aquatic resources management.
About this job
We are currently seeking a dynamic self-motivated expert to join our Consultancy. The position is for an experienced fisheries consultant to work on marine and freshwater fisheries and resource management projects. The post is based in central London with opportunities for overseas travel.
Demonstrating a keen interest in aquatic conservation and resource management, you will be a highly qualified and motivated consultant with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience. Your primary role will be implementing projects within MRAG’s portfolio but ability to fully participate on projects at any stage of their development from tendering to implementation will be required. You must demonstrate managing a wide portfolio of projects and already have an established network of contacts. Additional languages will be an advantage.
Required experience and skills include:
- A post-graduate degree in marine biology, fisheries science or another relevant subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in renewable natural resources management, particularly the fisheries and aquaculture sector.
- Taking responsibility for the full project cycle including an understanding of contractual and budgeting requirements.
- Prior experience of new business development and established network of relevant contacts, ideally gained in an existing consultancy environment.
- Experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent written, presentation and quantitative analytic skills, producing high quality outputs.
- Wide experience geographically and on projects relating to fisheries and aquatic resource management.
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues (upwards and downwards) and with clients and project partners. Additional languages would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to multitask, working on a number of projects often to tight deadlines.
If interested, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Dr Robert Wakeford:
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and you should include information on your current salary and notice period.
- The Consultant Registration form included on our website (https://mrag.co.uk/work-us)
- Your current CV including full contact details.
- Examples of your writing skills (e.g. papers submitted, publically available project outputs).
- Referees that we may contact in due course.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name Cover Letter”, “your name CV” and “your name Writing Skills Example 1” etc. The subject of the email should read: Application for Experienced Fisheries Consultant.
Application closing date: The position will remain open until filled. Initial interviews will be mid November 2018