Senior Associate, Communications (Digital Strategy and Social Media)
Location: Washington, DC
The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today’s most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public, and invigorate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization – the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments – at the local, state, national, and international levels – serving the best interests of the people. We partner with a diverse range of donors, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven investments to improve society.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Brussels, and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance the Pew brand. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes in order to manage the Pew brand, ensure production of the highest quality work, and effectively steward Pew’s resources.
This position, based in Pew’s Washington, DC office, reports to the project director, communications and is a member of the Pew communications staff supporting a new initiative focused on expanding our distribution of facts and data through a variety of communications efforts. Primary responsibilities include acting as a day-to-day manager of the project’s earned social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, and potentially others). This role will collaborate closely with the project’s team and external vendors to craft compelling content that engages target audiences on social media platforms.
The position has a set time frame that could be extended based on the success of the program, funding sources, and board decisions on continued support.
• Launch, then act as a day-to-day manager of the project’s earned social media channels.
• Create compelling visual assets that are optimized for use on social media.
• Steward the project’s social media audience. Listens to their activity and feedback and makes recommendations for improving digital engagement strategies.
• Uphold and contribute to the development of social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social channels.
• Ensure that the project’s digital content is optimized for distribution on social media.
• Work closely with other team members to analyze performance and track progress toward project objectives, and ensure digital content maintains the highest levels of accuracy.
• Contribute to the development of the project’s editorial calendar, identifying opportunities for reaching target audiences on social media and other digital channels.
• Keep abreast of the latest digital trends and identifies new opportunities for achieving project objectives.
• Assist with other digital engagement tactic and other duties, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of four years of professional experience managing social media channels and developing social-specific content, preferably at a digital agency, digital news publisher, nonprofit or association.
• Experience supporting issue-driven digital engagement campaigns designed to inform target audiences.
• Experience building engaged audiences on social media. Experience launching new channels a plus.
• Deep working knowledge of the social and digital ecosystem. Experience managing social media advertising campaigns.
• Experience developing content concepts that are optimized for social media channels.
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite to design visual assets.
• Proven facility with social media management tools (i.e., Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Bit.ly) and analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
• Ability to monitor and analyze data from digital channels, draw insights, and recommend strategy adjustments.
• Strong editorial judgment and writing and copyediting skills. Attention to detail, including exacting standards to maintain accuracy in all work products.
• Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies.
• Ability to develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders and approach issues with a nonpartisan, objective mindset.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment. Flexible and able to routinely juggle multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines and work in teams to meet project goals.
Minimal to no travel expected for the position.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6w8d3rs7837bjkdj