Responsible for managing the delivery of regulatory, legislative and technical information for IFFO and communicating this to IFFO members; project management of IFFO technical projects; and supporting the IFFO Technical Director in the delivery of the technical department’s objectives. Based at the IFFO Head Office in London. The position offers variety, some international travel and being part of a small, flexible and dynamic team within a successful and respected organisation with offices in London, Beijing and Lima.
Reports to: Technical Director
Liaison with: IFFO team, IFFO members, third parties and general public
Line Management: none
Main tasks of job:
- Detailed understanding of the legislative and regulatory issues of relevance to the IFFO membership, including the fishmeal and fish oil industries, and the aquafeed and animal feed industries. Maintain awareness of proposed legislative changes. Have the ability to conduct regulatory impact assessments and be able to communicate clearly their potential impact on the industry. Of particular importance are regulatory frameworks such as Codex, EU, IMO, and national governments relevant to the IFFO membership.
- Retrieve technical information of relevance to the markets for fishmeal and fish oil, including the animal feed and nutraceutical industries.
- Establish a network of contacts within the IFFO membership, and externally, in order to retrieve and communicate information that will support IFFO members’ businesses.
- Represent IFFO in external fora, across a diverse range of subjects that are relevant to the sector.
- Support the Technical Director in the delivery of services to members relating to nutritional and production related information, regulatory controls in main markets, standards and certification.
Support the Technical Director in the management of IFFO technical projects, monitoring, reviewing and reporting on delivery. The Technical Manager will hold responsibility for the delivery of specific projects.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by organisational needs and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Ideally, candidates are expected to hold approximately 10 years’ experience in relevant roles supporting the skills described. A UK work permit is essential as the job will be based in the IFFO London office. Evidence of good report writing, public speaking and scientific skills is necessary as these are core skills for the position. Experience of working internationally in similar roles will be viewed advantageously.
- 10 years’ or more experience in fishing, aquaculture, aquafeed or animal feed industries
- Understanding of fishery management, environmental NGO’s and sustainability trends
- Ability to communicate clearly and to present information clearly and concisely
- Provide evidence of technical report writing to a high standard
- Ability to work within small teams
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage
- A higher degree (MSc or PhD) in a relevant discipline
The position is full time, permanent and offers a competitive salary with additional benefits. Further background information on IFFO is available at www.iffo.net.
Interested candidates may contact Dr Neil Auchterlonie, IFFO Technical Director, on +44 02030 539195 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for informal discussions about the role.
Please submit your CV with a cover note outlining relevant experience to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is the 31st of January 2018.