Water – Consultant
All levels from Consultant to Principal considered
Full time, permanent, Guildford
Are you a water specialist looking for your next opportunity in commercial consultancy? Are you working at consultant level, or do you already have extensive commercial experience in the water sector..? We are looking for a water specialist to join our team and will consider applicants from those working at all levels from consultant through to Principal.
To join our team you will need to be commercially aware, collaborative and dependable, with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy getting out and about, undertaking fieldwork, meeting clients and report writing. If you can multi-task, project manage and relish a challenge then we would be delighted to hear from you!
You will either have a water industry or environmental consultancy background with an interest in catchment management, groundwater protection, aquatic invasive species and/or water quality. You will be adept at literature searches, assimilating data and competent in data analysis. You will deliver technical consultancy reports but also support water quality, macroinvertebrate, diatom and phytoplankton sampling work, as well the as fish population monitoring and fish rescue work. You will need to have a broad outlook and not be scared of unknown technical areas. As our work is project based, you will also be asked to support the production of technical sections of tenders and reports, and aid in building excellent client relationships.
Successful candidates must
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in environmental science, water resources or water management related subject with previous consultancy experience
- be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of one of the following technical areas; catchment management, groundwater protection, water quality, invasive species or field survey techniques
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports
- be organised with proven ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
- be confident to work independently, or and as part of a team
- be self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly
- have a full UK driving licence to enable use of a hire vehicle or/ use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
This is a permanent position based at our head office on the picturesque Surrey Research Park. The successful candidate will live within commuting distance of Guildford or be prepared to relocate. For exceptional candidates only, we will consider our other office locations. Ideally, we are looking for an immediate start, but if you can’t start immediately, please still get in touch!
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and covering letter (500 words max) outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Please click here for more information.