Consultant / Senior Consultant
Marico Marine is a leading independent and international marine consultancy and service company working across the ports, shipping, offshore energy, marine engineering and environmental sectors. With proven knowledge and expertise in all aspects of the maritime industry, safety and regulation, our ‘salt and science’ approach combines practical marine experience with innovative analysis.
Our clients are ports & harbours, engineering and environmental consultants, infrastructure developers, shipping companies, legal organisations and regulators.
Marico Marine delivers across four key service areas:
- Consultancy: Marine, shipping and navigation studies for design/operation of marine infrastructure. Marine safety and risk assessment services
- Training: Technical safety training
- Software: Web based hazard and incident management software – Hazman II
- Equipment: Integration, supply, installation and support of vessel traffic monitoring solutions and provision of Navicom Portable Pilot Units
Our Consultancy department has grown from its origins in marine and navigation risk and now provides a breadth of shipping and navigation studies to support design and operation of marine infrastructure including EIAs for the marine renewables industry, safety assessments and audits for ports & harbours and oil & gas. We utilise specialist bespoke in-house marine traffic simulation tools and analytical techniques to investigate complex problems. More widely, and drawing on the skills of our team, we provide consenting, hydrographic and dredging advice and have undertaken market analysis, business reviews and master planning for ports and harbours.
We’re looking to grow our Consultancy department during an exciting period of rapid sustainable growth. You will be somebody who loves delivering projects in a technical environment and has the drive to push, challenge and grow the company. You must be analytical, an exceptional organiser and work well within teams and leading them. You should revel in the flexible nature and mix of skills required in a small and ambitious company.
- Technical contribution towards projects in your relevant discipline
- Managing the delivery of tasks and projects
- Organising and managing meetings with stakeholders
- Writing and developing proposals and consultancy reports
Career progression and responsibility can be swift depending on capability and aptitude. Opportunities to work overseas, including at our office in Wellington, NZ, are also possible.
You will need good technical credibility in a relevant skill. You could, for example, have a multi-disciplinary engineering/environmental consultancy background or be a modeller, GIS, data or risk analyst or a mariner with operational port/shipping experience. Your background will preferably be in the maritime domain, with experience in shipping and safety consultancy, although we recognise the transferability of skills from other industries (e.g. engineering, renewables, oil & gas, aviation, military, HSSE). What will be important is your ability to proactively seek, own and deliver projects in a technical context.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- You get things done
- Relevant numerate degree and technical capability
- Excellent analytical approach and experience in writing technical / scientific reports
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently in a complex dynamic environment
- Excellent communicator and desire to build and maintain client relationships
- Personable, tenacious and ability to reason and influence
- Interest in the maritime industry is preferable
Applicants must have a native command of written and spoken English and be eligible to work and live in the UK.
Marico Marine is an equal opportunities employer.
Marico Marine offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Salary range – £25 – £50k – based on qualifications, skills and experience
- Defined contributory pension scheme – 10% employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career development support towards professional membership / chartered status
Applicants are requested to apply with:
- A covering letter;
- A completed application form (available on our website at www.marico.co.uk/careers).
Please note: CV’s will not be accepted in place of a completed application form.
Please send your application either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post (Recruitment, Marico House, Bramshaw, Southampton, SO43 7JB, United Kingdom).
Closing Date: 10 November 2017
If you wish to discuss the post further, in confidence, please contact email@example.com