3rd International Conference on Protection against Overtopping
6-8 June 2018 Grange-over-Sands, Lake District, UK
Abstract submission is currently open for this conference. Bringing together leading experts from practice, research, development, and implementation, the conference will discuss overtopping protection as a solution for overtopping concerns at levees, dams and seawalls.
Papers are invited from the following technical themes and can be submitted online. Please note, the deadline for submission of abstracts is 13 September 2017.
- Critical issues related to levees, dams and seawalls
- New developments and advanced tools
- Overtopping protection systems
- Overtopping simulators / test facilities
- Overtopping failure mechanisms
- System design and performance
- Applications and innovative solutions
- Case histories of overtopping events
- Physical modelling techniques and recent studies
- Numerical modelling methods
Further details on submitting an abstract and a copy of the abstract template are available at http://www.protections2018.org. If you have any questions please contact the conference secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference is taking place in June 2018 in the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, UK, and will include two days of knowledge exchange followed by a technical tour. It follows the successful Protections 2016 event, the 2nd International Seminar on Dam Protection against Overtopping which took place in September, 2016 in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. The inaugural event in this conference series was held during November 2014 in Madrid Spain and attended by participants from 20 countries.
We look forward to receiving your paper.
Protections 2018 Secretariat c/o HR Wallingford