Application Deadline 21 July 2017
The Metocean department of Gardline Geosurvey Ltd is seeking a Physical Oceanographer with a proven work history, to join their team based in Great Yarmouth. 01493 845600
This role covers a wide variety of tasks, from project start-up to final report delivery.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To perform deployment and recovery of oceanographic equipment, both from Gardline and client/charter vessels
- To assist with maintenance of a wide variety of instrumentation
- To analyse, process and interpret oceanographic data
- To produce written reports to a high standard
- Communicate information with a variety of internal and external departments, suppliers and customers
- Representation of the company at industry events.
- Presentation of data and reports to clients and at conferences
You must be flexible in attitude and skills and able to work both as part of the main offshore survey crew, or independently on a third party vessel. Some projects working alone overseas will require a high level of self-reliance and confidence, so your ability to find solutions and seek advice is critical.
Ideal candidates will hold a relevant qualification in oceanography or closely related discipline and possess excellent IT skills and an understanding for the technical aspects of the equipment and data collection. The position will typically involve around 60 days offshore per annum.
Candidates MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK and be prepared to relocate to the Norfolk area if not currently in the region.