2 Senior Consultant Roles
BMT Cordah Ltd is a well respected and long established, scientifically-led environmental consultancy which has in-depth knowledge and experience in the upstream oil and gas industry and other related sectors.
The Company are looking to recruit 2 Senior Consultants; 1 for the Chemical Permitting Team and 1 for the Environmental Management and Assessment Team. The positions are based in Aberdeen, but occasional travel overseas and offshore may be required.
Both positions will involve client management, work-winning, project management, hands-on project work and the application of commercial and technical skills and knowledge. All candidates must possess the following attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience of consultancy and/or offshore oil and gas sector.
- Good academic background to a degree or equivalent standard.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, perseverance, the ability to work methodically and work to tight deadlines.
- Preparation of Environmental directions plus MATs and supporting SATs that are submitted through the Portal Environmental Tracking System (PETS) applications; drilling, pipeline, well intervention and production, plus potential for decommissioning.
- Contribute to other project work as required, such as environmental impact assessments.
- Regular use of the BEIS portal system.
- Effective and regular contact with the Regulator, operators and clients.
- Proficient in chemical permitting and the associated environmental applications
- Ability to gather, assimilate and analyse information (including numerical data) that may not relate to your core discipline, e.g. engineering information from oil and gas projects.
- Well developed background knowledge in environmental permitting; standalone surveys, oil discharge permits, deposit consents and marine licenses.
- Good knowledge of marine biology, chemistry or toxicology
Click here for more information
This position will fulfil an important inter-disciplinary role, which combines numerical modelling with environmental consultancy for our clients in the offshore oil and gas industry and other marine sectors.
- To set up, operate and interpret the output of our existing predictive models for oil spills, marine discharges and drill cuttings under the direction of the Team Leader and in close liaison with the client.
- To adapt existing models for particular operational and environmental conditions, and develop new models and methods of evaluating and presenting data, as required.
- To contribute to Environmental Impact Assessments of offshore developments and decommissioning projects, oil pollution emergency plans and other consultancy work under the direction of the Team Leader and project managers.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in numerical modelling for marine applications.
- Experienced in using Matlab and/or other proprietary modelling software/languages.
- Senior Consultants will be required to prepare proposals plus supervise and mentor Consultants.
- Background in marine ecology and/or oceanography.
- Offshore survival accreditation.
Click here for more information